Wednesday 11 March 2015

Little Monkey Amigurumi

For my latest amigurumi pattern I've designed a pair of cute little monkeys, a boy in a top and trousers, and a girl in a dress with puffed sleeves.




They are about 13 cm/5" tall, which I think makes them the perfect size to carry around and play with. They're made with the legs worked continuously from the body, and they stand up on their own, so you can have them standing on your shelf or desk if you want.


I've made them in a selection of different colours for the fur and the clothes to show the sort of variations you can choose, but of course, you can pick any colours you like to make them.




I'm intending to make a range of different animals using the same basic pattern, in different styles of clothes, so if you have any ideas about what you'd like to see, do let me know in the comments.

4 comments:

pequicosas said...

Great... as always!

Debbie said...

I feel as though I'm commenting too much and turning into your stalker! But I wanted to let you know that I've shared the linky-love on my blog, as I've been admiring your work so much :)

http://inpursuitoftheworthwhile.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/this-week.html

LucyRavenscar said...

Thanks Debbie! I really like your little animal characters too, and your budgie is adorable!

By the way, the Star Wars Crochet book is due to be published in Australia/New Zealand by Hardie Grant under their Chirpy Bird imprint, I think this month or May.

Debbie said...

Wow, thank you for the compliment!! I'll let you know if I get my budgie pattern figured out properly - prototype 2 is not quite right, but it's almost there :)