Thursday 24 August 2017

Firefly Amigurumi - Captain Mal Reynolds

After making a Mal Reynolds amigurumi as a gift, I have now developed the crochet pattern and it is for sale in my Etsy store and on Ravelry.



Mal is the captain of the spaceship Serenity in the SF show Firefly, played by Nathan Fillion. He's heroic and good-hearted, though he generally operates on the wrong side of the law. My crochet pattern lets you make a cute version of him, about 6.5"/16 cm tall, with a removable coat and gun in a holster.



I am now working on another Firefly character, Jayne Cobb, so the pattern for him should be ready soon. Let me know which other characters you'd like me to design.

11 comments:

Danielle Kuhn said...

I love love love firefly! Hope to see all the main characters in your future designs?

LucyRavenscar said...

Thanks! It would be fun to do them all, might work on a few at a time though, and do some other designs in between.

Alison said...

Oh I do need me a pocket Mal! Cap'n Tightpants is now on my "to do" list! Lol

I was going to suggest Jayne next. So...definitely need Zoey, Wash & Kaylee!

LucyRavenscar said...

Definitely need Zoey and Kaylee to even up the gender balance, and it seems unfair to have Zoey without Wash.

frederica62 said...

Er my gerd. You need all the characters and a firefly ship that opens so you can store them all!! I will be broke if you do that but I'll be happy broke! ��

LucyRavenscar said...

Thanks! I'm not sure I'll manage a Firefly ship, but I'll see what I can do about the characters.

Anonymous said...

When will Jayne be available?

LucyRavenscar said...

Not long now - I just took photographs today, so they need editing, and the pattern needs a bit of editing, then it'll be ready.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Working on the Mal right now. Hope Jayne has his cunning hat!

LucyRavenscar said...

Of course!

Unknown said...

Hi Lucy. These patterns are amazing! Which brand of yarn did you use for Jayne and Mal?