Sunday 16 August 2020

Fuzzy Troll Amigurumi

Whenever I go into a yarn store, I can't help but be tempted by those fuzzy fun fur-type yarns, they look so fluffy and tactile. The sort of yarns I'm talking about, sometimes called eyelash yarn, have a thread base with strands sticking out from this. Back when I had just started making amigurumi I bought quite a lot of them, in all sorts of different colours, and then I had to work out what to do with them. I ended up using them to make Fuzzy Trolls for my children, but until now I hadn't got round to turning this design into a pattern.

These trolls are friendly little creatures, who love nothing more than relaxing in a meadow filled with wildflowers. They are brightly coloured, with horns and long fuzzy-ended tails, and the pattern gives you all the details you need to make either a large (15cm/6" tall) or small (12cm/5" tall) fuzzy troll.






My new pattern is available on Etsy and Ravelry, and because using fuzzy yarn can be a bit challenging, I have created a series of videos to take you through the whole process of making a Fuzzy Troll, which you can find on this playlist on my YouTube channel. 
Here is the first video, which tells you how to choose the fuzzy yarn you need.

Along with the pattern, you can work your way through all the videos in order and they will guide you through everything you need to do, or you can just check out any elements that you are unsure of.

This is my first time making video crochet tutorials, so I hope you find them helpful. They show a lot of tips and tricks as to how to make various elements of amigurumi, so you might find it useful to watch them, even if you're not making a troll. In the future I'd like to make some more, perhaps showing how to make some of my small free patterns in detail, hopefully that will be helpful to anyone who's new to making amigurumi.

No comments: