Tuesday 13 February 2024

Pumpkinhead Witch and Scarecrow Amigurumi Pattern


As it was heading towards autumn a couple of years ago, and people had started talking about Halloween online, I had an urge to make a witch with a pumpkin head. I thought I'd work on the pattern and have it ready in time for the spooky season. Of course, it took me much longer to make than I thought, so I played with the idea a bit and created a pumpkin-headed scarecrow as well. Then I shelved it, as it seemed a bit pointless bringing out a pattern like that in springtime. As autumn swung round again last year I suddenly remembered this pattern and got it ready, but I completely forgot to post about it here on my blog. I hope you're enjoying this insight into my organisational skills!


I tried a couple of techniques to form the ridges in the pumpkin, and in the end was very happy with what I came up with. The ridges are subtle, but I think they work. You could easily change elements of this pattern to make the clothes different, she doesn't have to be a witch, she can be a girl in a bright-coloured dress, and you can make the scarecrow in any colour of clothes that you want.


This pattern is available in my Etsy and Ravelry shops.

1 comment:

LucyRavenscar said...

Tell me if you make either of these for Hallowen.